Anyone else come to the conclusion that they are Divergent? What category do I fit into? What kind of blogger am I?

Howdy doody! Bonjour! Eyup! Alright! Hello!

How many different ways can you say hello? or make a greeting? Bit of a different post for me today in the fact that I am truly struggling with content at the minute and in the past I have completely beaten myself up about it. It's because I want to engage and not actually thinking about what makes me happy! When I started my blog a couple of years ago I did it because I was a bit lost in who I was and thought I would document a few things from my life in order to find the real me. During this time I've not built up a very big following and to me that's not super important to me but it does mean that I've not written as much as I would have because I've been nervous about giving the wrong impression. I would however love to thank all those of you that have supported me along the way and do actually enjoy what I do.So the real me?? Who was/is the real me? I still don't know to this day? I find myself some days trying to fit in to a section or category and I can stay there for sometime but I get bored and then try another section i.e One day I'm Vintage the next I'm Sporty Spice! I'm Dauntless then I'm Amity! Anyone else feel like they drift or are you completely 100% comfortable and happy within your zone or faction? It also goes for my personality one minute I can be brave and feisty the next I'm a delicate princess? I honestly blow my own mind!So when it now comes to my blog I see and hear all the talk of keeping your blog to a theme don't deviate out of that theme cause it will put your readers off? What happened to blogging for you and who you are? I totally understand that there are bloggers that make money and it's their job and generally need to keep to a theme but why do I? Is it because it's what I want to do to fit in or what I have to do? Be something I'm not? in answer......YES. I want to fit in! But why?.....Why? It's sometimes easier to fit in and continue than taking risks and standing out putting yourself in the firing line for comments that you might not want to hear or read? In short I'll give you a few examples of how eclectic I am.....


I love.....   
Vintage & Modern
Clutter & Minimalism
White Lies & The Truth
Black & White
Peace & Anarchy
Order & Chaos.......
Cath Kidston & All Saints
Planning &Spontaneity
Being Healthy & McDonalds
Coffee & Tea
Holidays & Staying Home
Selling & Buying
Flowers & Metal Spikes
Rock Music & Classical Music
Shopping & Crafts
80's Retro Cartoons & Disney  
Superheroes & Princesses
Selfish & Selfless 
...And I'm sure there are many more!

I recently watched a film called Divergent and it kind of explained me exactly! Have you ever seen it? I think it's wonderful and it's story has had a very powerful effect on me. I don't fit in to just one area, place, head space and possibly spent the majority of my life thinking that was a bad thing!

.......However today is the day I am finally taking a stand and embracing the the DIVERGENT and ECLECTIC person that I am. From today you will start to see changes to my blog, the jewellery I make and sell and my writing generally. If it doesn't make me happy or reflect who I am I simply wont do it just because I need to. Also if I'm having a goth day I will post something even though it doesn't fit in with my Fairy logo. If I don't want to buy it I won't or I will just because it's for me! Remembering the fundamental words of the infamous Salt N Pepa back in the 80's - 'You only get one life....So Express Yourself!'




Peace out! Laterz, Bye Bye, Toodle Pip!

Yorkshire Pud xx

P.s If you have any kind of Divergent feelings would love to hear from you?

P.p.s Where do you fit in?

Comments

  1. Hiiiiyyaaa Babe!!!

    Hope you're well :))

    Totally feeling you on this- I think I got my 'confusion' off my dad. When I asked him if he was a mod or a rocker in the 60s he said "both!". That sums him up perfectly- and me too!!!

    And as for the money-making bloggers who keep selling every aspect of themselves & their lives....*rolls eyes*

    Deffo keep doing what you wanna do & what makes you happy :)))
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey chick a dee!!!! Hows you? Sorry for the late reply had a crazy few weeks with my little boy in the hospital :(

      Totally agree I think it is the only way forward to really truly enjoy what you do! Hope you are well. Speak soon lovely lady xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi my lovely reader just to say thanks for leaving a comment! I always love a good comment lets you know what your harping on about is the right stuff. You take care now you lovely person you xxx