5 Things.......What I miss about school



Hey all,
Gonna try something new here so I let my readers understand more about who I am and what kind of person I am rather than what I wear, what I can make etc.........So here's where '5 Things' will start.

Firstly thought I would start with 'What I miss about school'...here goes!

1.  That the days were so much shorter than the working one today! 9:00am-3:00pm a massive 6 hours and at 15 years old I can remember thinking what a long day it was....if only I knew. Today my working day is roughly 8am-6pm - Any chance of a time machine?

2. More from pre-school or reception but the sand and water massive tubs that used to be indoors :) What was all that about? Fabulous stuff. You could play with sand and water inside and make sand castles everyday...being from Sheffield that was exciting stuff.

3. Covering your hands in PVA glue purposefully and then peeling it off on the bus ride home. Absolutely mental but it had to be done.

4. School Dinners. Cheese pie, chips and beans!!!!!! Oh my days who didn't love Cheese pie, chips and beans. Has anyone else ever come close to getting the same cheese pie? My stepmum makes a mean cheese pie - Happy days.

5. School holidays! 6 weeks and the whole of the summer - Need I say more?

What do you remember from your school days? What's the thing you missed most?

Yorkshire Pud xx



Comments

  1. Ahhh the memories....
    Fab list!
    I still cover my hands in PVA glue & peel it off whenever the kids are using it...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    Letters from The Vintage Club

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, I loved the whole glue thing. I got such satisfaction out of that it wasn't even funny! I wouldn't go back to Secondary School for anything, hated it, but I loved the School Tours in Primary school. We went on such brilliant trips, I haven't been on a daytrip in so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved doing the glue thing!

    The pints of milk given to us at break time! No other milk tasted as good as that and still doesn't.

    Cornflake tart was another one. Cornflakes, lots of golden syrup, thin layer of jam on top of a biscuit base.

    And

    Who can forget the sloppy green mint custard lol!!!

    Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Blog Hop

    Hope to see you again this weekend

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just stumbled across your blog and I must say it's absolutely lovely!! I love it!
    Stay Golden!

    Libby
    x

    thebritishtheory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just finished uni and I miss it already x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I loved this post. I used to be very much addicted to peeling off dried glue, what was it with that? Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi my lovely reader just to say thanks for leaving a comment! I always love a good comment lets you know what your harping on about is the right stuff. You take care now you lovely person you xxx