What are your f*cking personal values in life? Here's my 5!


How do!
This is something that's been playing on my mind now for quite some time and up until now I have not had any defined personal values. I have had an idea of what they are and loosely tried to stick to them however I have in the past let my personal values take the way side and disrespected my own beliefs and let myself be used and neglected myself personally in ways I would never allow again.
Self Love is a major factor in this and it's taken for me to fall back in love with myself in order to assert myself and to put me and mine first and generally have some fucking self respect!

So what is a personal value?
In the Oxford English Dictionary there are many meanings for 'value' however the one we are looking at is this one....
Principles or standards of behaviour; one's judgement of what is important in life.

So what are personal values?
Personal values are those standards that you set for yourself to live by and you don't stray from them no matter what.

Here's a word cloud with some great terminology....


So now we know what and why.....here are my 5 that I now vow to live by:

1. Looking after myself and my family both inside and out
This means from what we eat, to our mental health, to our general activities and overall happiness.

2. To not give anyone my time...who doesn't and wouldn't give me there's.
In the past I have given so many people my time and effort and am still in a place of waiting for it to be returned...fuck that shit! I am now going to make sure I am absolutely rigid with this and with this I mean people who take the piss personally with me not like helping someone out who needs it or doing some volunteering etc...These are people that are just full on time spongers and make no effort to help me out when needed. To be fair I am now at a point in my life where I don't really have anyone like this however my eyes are well and truly peeled and I could spot one a mile off!

3. Live an Altruistic lifestyle in as many ways as I possibly can.
If you are unsure of what a Altruist is then see below if you know then fabulous!
Thanks to Wikipedia -
Altruism or selflessness is the principle or practice of concern for the welfare of others. It is a traditional virtue in many cultures and a core aspect of various religious traditions and secular worldviews, though the concept of "others" toward whom concern should be directed can vary among cultures and religions. Altruism or selflessness is the opposite of selfishness.

4. I will not tolerate toxic or negative people or allow them to dictate my mind or disrespect my life.
I have recently written a post on how to spot a Toxic person, friendship or relationship and it really helped me to understand about the types of people I have encounted over time and how I have dealt with them and how I would deal with them now given the chance and how different it would have been. I still have I would say toxic types within my life however I now keep them at arms length and am fully aware.

5. Enjoy life and understand that happiness is a journey not a destination.
Its taken me a while to get here however I now know that happiness is not a destination it's a way of life and to live in happiness as much as you can every day! Every day isn't going to be butterflies and rainbows but try and make the best of every day. Suck the 'happy' out of every day!

So after reading this do you have any personal values? And just what are your personal values?

Would love to hear from you.


*Images from google







Comments